ZOLL Medical Corporation
+1 (978) 421-9637
ZOLL LIFEVEST WEARABLE DEFIBRILLATOR AND RESCUENET MEDGATE 12-LEAD MANAGEMENT SOLUTION TO BE SHOWCASED AT CARDIOSTIM 2012
June 7, 2012—CHELMSFORD, MASS.—ZOLL Medical Corporation, a manufacturer of medical devices and related software solutions, announced today that it will display its clinical portfolio of products—including the LifeVest® Wearable Defibrillator and the RecueNet® Medgate 12-Lead Management Solution—at Cardiostim 2012 Scientific Congress (Booth A34), 13 June through 16 June in Nice, France.
The LifeVest will be discussed during two scientific presentations:
- “Physical Activity and Relation to Sudden Cardiac Arrest,” Thursday, 14 June, 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m., poster session #96.
- “ECG Quality of Dry, Non-Adhesive Electrodes for Arrhythmia Monitoring,” Wednesday, 13 June, 9:00-10:30 a.m., oral session #13.
The LifeVest® Wearable Defibrillator is worn by patients at risk for sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), providing protection during their changing condition and while permanent SCA risk has not been established. The LifeVest allows a patient’s physician time to assess his or her long-term arrhythmic risk and make appropriate plans.
The LifeVest is lightweight and easy to wear, allowing patients to return to their activities of daily living, while having the peace of mind that they are protected from SCA. The LifeVest continuously monitors the patient’s heart and, if a life-threatening heart rhythm is detected, the device delivers a treatment shock to restore normal heart rhythm.
The LifeVest is used for a wide range of patient conditions or situations, including following a heart attack, before or after bypass surgery or stent placement, as well as for those with cardiomyopathy or congestive heart failure that places them at particular risk.
The RescueNet® Medgate 12-Lead Management Solution is a Web browser-based system that expedites treatment decisions by linking the pre-hospital and hospital environments. It allows cardiologists, emergency department physicians, or other medical professionals to assess a cardiac patient’s condition remotely to quickly make the best treatment decision. EMS uploads the 12-lead to a secure server. Then, anyone, anywhere with an Internet connection and the appropriate password can access this critical data. RescueNet Medgate is not limited to a few computers in the ED and cardiac cath lab. The 12-lead information can be viewed via e-mail, fax, computer, tablet, or handheld device. This easy-to-use, hosted system ensures secure, reliable delivery to everyone involved in the continuum of care.
Additional products on display from ZOLL include:
- The AutoPulse® is an automated, portable chest compression device with an easy-to-use, load-distributing LifeBand® that squeezes the entire chest, improving blood flow to the heart and brain during sudden cardiac arrest. The AutoPulse delivers high-quality, uninterrupted CPR chest compressions to maintain myocardial and cerebral perfusion even when moving patients, traveling in an ambulance or while a patient is undergoing emergent cathertization for PCI. Additionally, it offers the benefit of freeing up clinicians to focus on other life-saving interventions.
- The R Series® Code-Ready Defibrillators are designed to extend “Simple, Smart and Ready” defibrillation to every hospital department through advanced, cost-effective solutions for resuscitation. The original R Series ALS, and the newer R Series Plus, which has both AED and ALS capabilities at the touch of a button, offer See-Thru CPR®, a breakthrough technology that filters out CPR artifact from the ECG to reduce CPR interruptions. Like all ZOLL defibrillators, the R Series also features Real CPR Help® audio and visual feedback for the correct depth and rate of chest compressions.
- Intravascular Temperature Management (IVTM™) offers health care providers the power and control they need to rapidly, safely, and effectively manage the core body temperature of critically ill or surgical patients. The Thermogard XP® delivers accurate, easy-to-use and cost-effective control for both cooling and warming applications.
About ZOLL Medical Corporation
ZOLL Medical Corporation, an Asahi Kasei Group company, develops and markets medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives, while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. With products for defibrillation and monitoring, circulation and CPR feedback, data management, fluid resuscitation, and therapeutic temperature management, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims needing resuscitation and critical care. For more information, visit www.zoll.com.
About Asahi Kasei
The Asahi Kasei Group is a diversified group of companies led by holding company Asahi Kasei Corp., with operations in the chemicals and fibers, homes and construction materials, electronics, and health care business sectors. Its health care operations include devices and systems for critical care, dialysis, therapeutic apheresis, transfusion, and manufacture of biotherapeutics, as well as pharmaceuticals, diagnostic reagents, and nutritional products. With more than 25,000 employees around the world, the Asahi Kasei Group serves customers in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit www.asahi-kasei.co.jp/asahi/en/.
Copyright © 2012 ZOLL Medical Corporation. All rights reserved. AutoPulse, Code-Ready, IVTM, LifeBand, LifeVest, R Series, Real CPR Help, RescueNet, See-Thru CPR, X Series, ThermoGuard XP, and ZOLL are trademarks or registered trademarks of ZOLL Medical Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All product names are the property of their respective owners.