Real CPR Help® technology gives you real-time depth and rate CPR feedback while you deliver cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), providing guidance that can improve CPR quality.
Why Real-Time CPR Feedback Matters
The 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Emergency Cardiovascular Care make it clear—in most emergencies, the quality of CPR provided by the rescuer can make the difference between life and death. Yet, even trained professionals often do not perform CPR optimally and can benefit significantly from monitoring and support. A study by Abella et al. shows that audiovisual CPR feedback improves the quality of chest compressions delivered by health care providers.1
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Feedback Technology
ZOLL was the first to introduce technology to help improve CPR performance in 2002, and Real CPR Help is now a standard feature on all ZOLL AEDs and defibrillators. This gives rescuers the best real-time CPR feedback and the confidence that they are providing the best cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) possible.
How Real CPR Help Works
With ZOLL technology, rescuers receive the following CPR feedback and prompting for help in providing effective manual CPR.
CPR Dashboard featuring Real CPR Help drives
high-quality CPR on the R Series
- Compression Depth Indicator - to achieve at least a two-inch compression depth, which is critical for high-quality CPR, as detailed in the 2010 American Heart Association (AHA) Guidelines.
- Compression Rate Indicator - to achieve the recommended compression rate of 100 compressions per minute through a metronome beep that is easy to follow.
- Release Bar – measures release velocity to determine that rescuers are allowing sufficient time for cardiac filling.
- Perfusion Performance Indicator (PPI) – integrates compression depth, rate, and interruption times into one visual indicator. Maintaining maximum value (full indicator) provides visual indication of performance to AHA Guidelines.
- Audio/Message Prompting: Voice and message feedback such as “PUSH HARDER” helps accomplish quality compressions quickly, resulting in a reinforcing message, “GOOD COMPRESSIONS.” To minimize CPR idle time, “CONTINUE CPR” is another important feedback reminder.
- Idle Timer - raises awareness of CPR interruptions by displaying the elapsed time from when the last compression was delivered.
Code Data Transmission: All of our product lines have the capability to transmit CPR data, making complete resuscitation review and playback easy.
Example of post-code CPR data from the R Series defibrillator
Real CPR Help is accomplished with our quick and easy to apply OneStep™ Electrode Pads, CPR-D-padz®, and CPR Stat-padz. There is no compromise to code readiness with cumbersome extra electrodes to manage and position on the patient before you get valuable CPR data.
1Abella B. et. al. “CPR quality improvement during in-hospital cardiac arrest using a real-time audiovisual feedback system”, Resuscitation, 2007;73:54-61.