ZOLL TO DISPLAY ADVANCED RESUSCITATION TECHNOLOGY AND TEMPERATURE MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS AT Euro PCR 2010 IN PARIS
May 12, 2010─CHELMSFORD, MASS.– ZOLL Medical Corporation (Nasdaq GS: ZOLL), a manufacturer of medical devices and related software solutions, today announced that it will display its full range of clinical resuscitation products—including the LifeVest® Wearable Defibrillator and new Intravascular Temperature Management solutions—at EuroPCR 2010 (Stand M 22), 25 May through 28 May at the Palais des Congrès in Paris.
The LifeVest Wearable Defibrillator is worn by patients at risk for sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), providing protection during their changing condition and while permanent SCA risk has not been established. The LifeVest allows a patient’s physician time to assess his or her long-term arrhythmic risk and make appropriate plans. The LifeVest is lightweight and easy to wear, allowing patients to return to their activities of daily living, while having the peace of mind that they are protected from SCA. The LifeVest continuously monitors a patient’s heart and, if a life-threatening heart rhythm is detected, the device delivers a treatment shock to restore normal heart rhythm.
The LifeVest is used for a wide range of patient conditions or situations, including following a heart attack, before or after bypass surgery or stent placement, as well as for those with cardiomyopathy or congestive heart failure that places them at particular risk.
New to ZOLL is Intravascular Temperature Management (IVTM™). This new line of products offer health care providers the power and control they need to rapidly, safely, and effectively manage the core body temperature of critically ill or surgical patients. The Thermogard XP® console and family of cooling/warming catheters work together to deliver accurate, easy-to-use, and cost-effective control for both cooling and warming applications. The full line of catheters also provides central venous infusion capabilities.
Additional products on display include:
- The R Series® Code-Ready® defibrillators are designed to extend simple, smart and ready defibrillation to every hospital department through advanced, cost-effective solutions for resuscitation. The original R Series ALS, and the newer R Series Plus, which has both AED and ALS capabilities at the touch of a button, offer See-Thru CPR®, an industry-unique filtering technology that allows professional rescuers to view a patient’s underlying cardiac rhythm by filtering CPR artifact during resuscitation efforts.
- The AutoPulse® Non-invasive Cardiac Support Pump, which provides automated CPR chest compressions when the heart is no longer effectively circulating blood due to ventricular fibrillation or cardiac standstill. It features an easy-to-use, load-distributing LifeBand® that squeezes the entire chest, improving blood flow to the heart and brain during SCA. The AutoPulse may offer a significant advantage over manual CPR, moving blood more consistently than human providers. The device delivers high-quality, uninterrupted chest compressions to maintain myocardial and cerebral perfusion. Additionally, it offers the benefit of freeing up clinicians to focus on other life-saving interventions.
- ZOLL’s complete line of professional defibrillators and AEDs, including the AED Plus® and AED Pro®, feature unique technologies including:
- Real CPR Help®, which has been incorporated into all ZOLL defibrillators and AEDs to help rescuers provide high-quality manual CPR. This feedback technology features real-time auditory and visual feedback for gauging the rate and depth of CPR chest compressions.
- See-Thru CPR, offered on the R Series and AED Pro, is an industry-unique filtering technology that allows professional rescuers to view a patient’s underlying cardiac rhythm by filtering CPR artifact during resuscitation efforts.
About ZOLL Medical Corporation
ZOLL Medical Corporation develops and markets medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives, while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. With products for defibrillation and monitoring, circulation and CPR feedback, data management, fluid resuscitation, and therapeutic temperature management, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies which help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims needing resuscitation and critical care.
A NASDAQ Global Select company and a Forbes 100 Most Trustworthy Company for the past three years, ZOLL develops and manufactures its products in the United States, in California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island. More than 400 direct sales and service representatives, 1,100 business partners, and 200 independent representatives serve our customers in over 140 countries around the globe. For more information, visit www.zoll.com.
Copyright © 2010 ZOLL Medical Corporation. All rights reserved. 269 Mill Road, Chelmsford, MA 01824-4105. ZOLL, AutoPulse, AED Plus, AED Pro, Code-Ready, R Series, Real CPR Help, See-Thru CPR and Thermogard XP are registered trademarks of ZOLL Medical Corporation. IVTM is a trademark of ZOLL Medical Corporation. All product names are the property of their respective owners.